If any faults are spotted by the client will ring Bunjil Energy’s nominated contact and report any faults. Bunjil will come to site within 48 hours of notification of any workmanship problems to rectify. For warranty issues Bunjil will be the lead contact with the supplier to ensure the customers problem is fixed and help to rectify the issue with any components under warranty claim.
All monitoring will be conducted through a web-based portal which the client and Bunjil will have access. Through this monitoring portal any faults recorded will immediately notify Bunjil operations staff. Fronius monitoring platforms which show generation data which can be benchmarked to know if the system is underperforming or faults are occurring.
Product warranty claims differ for each product provider and depending on the circumstance will require fault testing by the company to ensure it was a fault with their product. Bunjil will support the customer in the case of any warranty claim to ensure minimal down time of the system and support with claims.
Individuals can contact Bunjil in on of the following;
568 Glen Huntly Rd,
|Phone: 1800 769 266
|Component||Period of Warranty|
|Solar Panel Modules (manufacturing defects)||10 years|
|Solar Panel Modules (performance)||25 years from the Installation Date|
|Installation||7 years from the Installation Date|
|Mounting Frame||20 years from the Installation Date|
|Whole system warranty||7 Years|
Subject to clauses 2 and 3 below, Bunjil Energy warrants to the Owner that:
- The Bunjil Energy Products will be free from faults in materials and workmanship for the corresponding Period of Warranty referred to
- The installation of the Bunjil Energy Products has been provided with due care and skill and has been performed in accordance with all relevant law and applicable standards for the corresponding Period of Warranty referred to above;
- The installation of the Bunjil Energy Products will be free from installation-related defects for the Period of Warranty referred to above;
- If a Solar Panel Module’s minimum power output (as specified in the manufacturer’s written specifications (Minimum power output) displays a power output of less than 90% of the Minimum Power Output within 10 years from the date of installation, or less than 80% within 25 years from the date of installation, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer
- You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure, and Bunjil Energy determines, at its reasonable discretion, that the power output loss is due to faults in materials or manufacture, then Bunjil Energy, will either repair or replace the Solar Panel Module to bring the aggregate power output to the warranted percentage of specified Minimum Power Output (Minimum power output Warranty).
2 Warranty Conditions
- All information in the certification section of this Warranty must have been completed for it to be
- This Warranty will only apply to the original installation of the relevant Bunjil Energy Products and will immediately terminate upon the removal from the initial installation of such Bunjil Energy Products.
- A photovoltaic Solar Panel Module is not conforming with the Minimum Power Output Warranty, Bunjil Energy may at its sole option, use re-manufactured, refurbished or new parts when repairing or replacing a Photovoltaic Solar Panel Module, to bring the aggregate power output to the level required by the Minimum Power Output Warranty. Replaced Solar Panel Modules will become the property of Bunjil Energy.
3 Warranty restrictions and exclusions
This Warranty will not apply:
- If any of the Bunjil Energy Products are handled or used by any person other than the Installer other than in compliance with the current version of the manufacturer’s instructions which includes the repair or modification of any of the Bunjil Energy Products by someone other than an approved service technician of Bunjil Energy; or
- If and when any of the Bunjil Energy Products are exposed to conditions which would normally be adverse or harmful to solar panel modules, inverters and mounting frames, including but not limited to:
- Removal or damage to the rating plate of an Inverter;
- Damage caused by foreign objects, projectiles or debris (including hail or storm-related debris);
- Any usage other than for the sole purpose of generating electricity for a [residential] building, unless approved in writing by Bunjil Energy; and
- Conditions resulting from a defect in components which are not part of the Bunjil Energy Products supplied and installed by or on behalf of Bunjil Energy;
- Defects or injuries caused by or resulting from causes not attributed to faulty parts of the manufacturer of the any of the Bunjil Energy Products, including but not limited to, defect or injury caused by or resulting from alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, accidental damage, improper voltage, vermin infestation, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions, software, or any repairs, modification or alterations made to any of the Bunjil Energy Product which are not authorised by Bunjil Energy;
- Conditions or defects arising directly or indirectly from installation in an aero, mobile, or marine environment, war, riots, destruction, fire, explosion, earthquake, storm, typhoon, cyclone, hurricanes, tornado, volcanic action, tidal wave, snowfall, freezing, salt damage, acid rain, power failures or surges, lightening, indirect lightening stroke, flood, damage by insect, animal, land subsidence, crack or landslide, accident, or abnormal environment or pollution, actions of third parties and other events that occur outside of Bunjil Energy’s control and not occurring under normal operating conditions, or any phenomena that cannot be prevented with the technology available for practical use as at the Installation Date; or
- To issues which do not affect the basic performance and power generating function of the Bunjil Energy Products notwithstanding any external scratch or stain, or natural mechanical wearing which does not represent a defect of the Solar Power Module or inverter, corrosion, mould, deterioration, discoloration, and any other factor of similar kind or nature that occurs after delivery of the module or inverter, or does not affect the structure, mechanical strength due to slight corrosion.
- This Warranty is in addition to and in no way limits, varies or excludes any express and implied rights and
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Subject to clause 3 (c), Bunjil Energy will not be liable for any incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, including but not limited to loss of use, loss of profits, loss of production and loss of revenues, in any possible way, connected or associated with the Bunjil Energy Products or the installation of the Bunjil Energy Products.
- Subject to the rights and remedies of an Owner under law which cannot be limited, Bunjil Energy’s liability under this Warranty is limited (at Bunjil Energy’s sole discretion) to:
- Replacement of the relevant Bunjil Energy Products, or resupply of installation services;
- Payment of the cost of replacement of relevant Bunjil Energy Products or resupply of installation services;
- Repair of the relevant Bunjil Energy Products; or
- Payment of the cost of having the relevant Bunjil Energy Products repaired.
- Other than as expressly set out in this Warranty, and the warranties that can not be excluded under The Australian Consumer Law (Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) (and any other law), Bunjil Energy excludes all other warranties and guarantees with regard to the Bunjil Energy Products, including all implied warranties and guarantees.
Claims or questions
- For any claims or questions in relation to this Warranty please contact:
568 Glen Huntly Rd,
Elsternwick, 3185, VIC
- Please retain your sales documentation, as this should be produced to validate a warranty claim.